Some points from Richard Byrne's keynote:
- We need to be preparing our students for jobs that don't even exist yet.
- Google has a "search anthropologist" who studies how we do Internet searches. Check out Daniel Russell's Search ReSearch page for weekly questions designed to help improve research skills.
- Reframing our lessons: "Today we will explore" vs "Today you will learn about."
- Google is the biggest search engine; YouTube is the second biggest.
- We need to encourage our students (and ourselves) to take risks and put our content out there - great things can happen! For example, the theme song of the CBC show Mr. D came from a kid who posted some rap music on YouTube.
- Utilisations pédagogiques de codes QR
- Citoyenneté et identité numérique
- Google Tips, Tricks, & Tutorials
- Digital Photography 101
- « App Hour »: un cinq à sept techno
Photos from tonight's #bit14 Photowalk: